“Everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission.” Indian Proverb
Ayurveda means “Science of life.” Once, a traditional medical treatment dominant in South Asia, Ayurveda is now known to all because of its benefits. According to its principles, the entire universe, including the human body are made up of five elements which are earth, water, fire, air and space.
Tips and treatments, if implemented correctly, can cure most of the diseases without causing any harm and side effects. As this renowned discipline of medical science makes use of naturally available herbs and their combinations, the treatment thus proposed is harmless. Furthermore, tips specified in the form of medicinal formulations generally do not focus on curing one specific sickness, but virtually aid in providing holistic healing of the entire systems of the body. Tips to heal the various ailments and disorders by and large attribute to making diet and lifestyle changes which are considered balancing for the human body and mind.
Some of the Tips that will be recommended by the Vaidya are:
- Taking in of a nutritious and simple diet while concentrating on your hunger pattern as well as your digestive ability.
- Exercise regularly but in accordance to your stamina and energy.
- Yoga and the deep breathing exercises called Pranayaam are highly amicable and curative.
- Meditate to relax your mind and take at least seven hours of sleep everyday.
Ayurvedic Tips for Weight Loss
- Approximately one teaspoon of honey with a glass of warm water or herbal tea make the perfect blend to trigger weight loss.
- Ayurveda quotes “kapha” and “medha” to be the “bad body fats” that can get dissolved by the intake of green gram and horse gram.
- Eating healthy and nourishing food, regular exercise and adequate sleep are the keys to good health.
Tips for Beauty
Flawless skin is an attribute of a beautiful face. A smooth and radiant skin characterizes one’s inner health. Tips unveil many therapies that can bring back the lost luster to any skin type and believes in healing from within. Its theories emphasize adhering to discipline in life. Tips that work wonders for every skin type are as follows:
- An adequate intake of water detoxifies the body and makes the skin radiant. Six to eight glasses of warm water taken in daily routine maintain a healthy digestive system, and thus flawless skin.
- Tips for the skin and beauty recognize the herb of Turmeric. Turmeric is known to be one of the best antiseptics. Use of turmeric in food, cures the systems from within while its external application heals skin troubles.
- Products made from the natural goodness of the Rose flower give a nourishing supplement for the skin.
- As a tip for the skin, having a spoon of ginger juice with lime before meals supports the digestive system thus making the dull skin glow.
Tips for Healthy Hair
Raised pollution levels, and stress and tension faced by us in day to day life show their adverse effects on our hair strength. Hair fall or loss, premature graying and other hair related problems are common among people of all ages.
Some tips recommended for maintaining long, lustrous and healthy hair are as follows:
- External application of dairy products such as milk or yogurt gives instant shine to dull hair.
- Tips for hair maladies encourage regular massage of the scalp and hair. Coconut oil is known to be the best hair food that enhances hair quality.
- A herb called “Bhringaraj” nourishes the hair and may be incorporated in tips for restoring of strength and shine of the hair.
Healthy being is a happy being. Tips are easy to follow and cure any illness from your body only if you exercise regularly, eat right, sleep tight and stay happy.
About the Author
Dr. Sonica Krishan is an Author, Freelance Health Writer, Editor, Ayurveda Consultant at Herboveda and Holistic Healing Coach based at Chandigarh, India. She has a Bachelors in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery and also an Advance Diploma in Naturopathy and Yoga. She has authored three natural home cure books: Herbal Healers, Home Remedies, and Healing through Ayurveda. You may contact her at email@example.com or visit her website http://www.herboveda.co.in.
Note – Information presented in this article is solely for the purpose of imparting education on Ayurveda and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or mitigate any disease. If you have a medical condition, please consult a qualified health professional.